Views: 0 Author: Precautions for car windshield repair Publish Time: 2021-06-28 Origin: Site
1. Use: One-component silicone glass glue can be used immediately, it is easy to shoot it out of the plastic bottle with a glue gun, and the surface can be trimmed with a spatula or wood chips.
2. Sticking time: The curing process of silicone glue is carried out from the surface inward. The surface drying time and curing time of different characteristics of silicone rubber are different, so if the surface is to be repaired, it must be done before the surface of the glass glue is dried. (Acid glue and neutral transparent glue should generally be within 5-10 minutes, and neutral variegated glue should generally be within 30 minutes). If you use color separation paper to cover a certain place, it must be removed before the skin is formed after the glue is applied.
3. Curing time: The curing time of glass glue increases with the increase in bonding thickness. For example, acid glass glue with a thickness of 12mm may take 3-4 days to dry and set, but within 24 hours, there is a 3mm outer layer. Has been cured. When bonding glass, metal or most woods, it has a peel strength of 20 pounds per inch after 72 hours at room temperature. If the place where the glass glue is used is partially or completely closed, then the curing time is determined by the tightness of the seal. In a place that is definitely confined, it is possible to persist forever without curing. If the temperature is increased, the glass glue will become soft. The gap between the metal and the metal bonding surface should not exceed 25mm. In various bonding occasions, including airtight conditions, the bonding effect should be fully checked before the equipment after bonding is used. During the curing process of acid glass glue, a odor will occur due to the volatilization of acetic acid. This odor will disappear during the curing process, and there will be no peculiar smell after curing.
4. Bonding: A. Completely wipe the metal and plastic surfaces to remove the oil stains, and then use sandpaper to polish the rubber surface, and then use acetone to polish the rubber surface except for the plastic first to rinse all surfaces with acetone. When using acetone, please observe the precautions for using this solvent. B. Spread glass glue evenly on the surface of the prepared object. If you are bonding two surfaces together, you can place one side first, and then knead the other side with sufficient force to squeeze out the air, but pay attention Do not squeeze glass glue. C. Put the bonded equipment at room temperature and wait for the glass glue to cure.
5. Sealing: When silicone glass glue is used for sealing, follow the same procedures as above, squeeze the glass glue into the joint surface or gap to make the glass glue fully contact the surface.
6. Cleaning: The glass glue can be wiped off with a cloth or paper towel before curing, and after curing, it must be scraped off with a scraper or wiped with solvents such as xylene, acetone, etc.