Views:0 Author:sliding window Publish Time: 2021-06-04 Origin:Site
1. Ingredients, according to the designed material list, weigh various materials and mix them evenly in a mixer. The main materials of glass are: quartz sand, limestone, feldspar, soda ash, boric acid and so on.
2. Melt, heat the prepared materials at high temperature to form a uniform and bubble-free glass liquid.
3. Forming is to transform the molten glass into a solid product with a fixed shape. The forming must be carried out within a certain temperature range. This is a cooling process in which the glass first changes from a viscous liquid state to a plastic state, and then into a brittle solid state. Including artificial forming and mechanical forming.
4. Annealing, the glass undergoes drastic temperature changes and shape changes during the forming process, and this change leaves thermal stress in the glass. If it is cooled directly, it is likely to break by itself during the cooling process or in the future storage, transportation and use process (commonly known as the cold explosion of glass). In order to eliminate the phenomenon of cold burst, the glass product must be annealed after being formed. Annealing is to keep the temperature in a certain temperature range or slowly cool down for a period of time to eliminate or reduce the thermal stress in the glass to the agreed value.
5. Tempering. In addition, some glass products can be rigidified in order to increase their strength. Contains: physical rigidization (quenching), used for thicker glasses, desktop glass, car windshields, etc.; and chemical rigidization (ion exchange), used for watch cover glass, aviation glass, etc. The principle of stiffening is to generate compressive stress on the surface of the glass to increase its strength.